View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 pm 
Hi,

I've had this problem for a few days now, searched quite a bit, and not found a solution.

Myth is stuck on one channel, and cannot change to any other. All recordings, even when set to other channels, end up recording this one channel. I cannot change to other channels in Live TV, either; the frontend acts as if it will change (i.e. displays new channel info on OSD) but stays on the original channel.

I get a number of errors in mythbackend.log:
Code:
2009-01-14 19:59:53.803 ChannelBase(1): IsTunable(Tuner 1,NextChannel 1) Failed to find channel in DB on input '1'
2009-01-14 19:59:53.806 ChannelBase(1) Error: Setting start channel 'NextChannel 1' failed,
2009-01-14 20:29:19.161 GetChannelData() failed because it could not
                        find channel number 'NextChannel 1' in DB for source '1'.
2009-01-14 20:29:19.169 ChannelBase(1): IsTunable(Tuner 1,NextChannel 1) Failed to find channel in DB on input '1'
2009-01-14 20:29:19.171 ChannelBase(1) Error: Setting start channel 'NextChannel 1' failed,

I have deleted input connections, capture cards, and sources, and recreated them all (multiple times), with no effect. I have also run optimize_db.sh, also with no effect... I have set this system up a number of times, so I don't think it's a silly configuration error.

I am very puzzled at this point. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Running R5.5, btw.

Last edited by langelgjm on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:11 pm 
Can you post a little bit of your setup info.

Items like I use Cable directly, I have a Settop Box

It seems in the limited info here you may not have attached your schedule source to your Capture cards????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:10 am 
Sure:

I use a Hauppauge PVR-150, with analog cable feeding directly into the tuner. This is set up as the sole capture card on the box (/dev/video0), and the default input is "Tuner 1" (the only tuner available).

I'm in the US, so using a Schedules Direct subscription. This is set up properly in mythtv-setup (I am able to log in with the username and password, and get my lineup); there is only one video source.

The input connection has Tuner 1 associated with my video source. When I retrieved the channel listings, I did not scan for them, I got them directly from the listing source.

As I mentioned before, I've wiped all these entries out (using "Delete All") and recreated them (after stopping the backend), then done mythfilldatabase. I get my listings data fine, and when I try to change channels, everything seems to be OK, it just doesn't change.

Hardware is an AMD Athlon 1 GHz, 768 MB RAM, 500 GB + 60 GB disks using storage groups.

Actually, now that I look in dmesg, I see something out of the ordinary:

Code:
ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge card (cx23416 based)
PCI: setting IRQ 10 as level-triggered
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 0000:00:0a.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 0000:00:07.5
ivtv0: Unreasonably low latency timer, setting to 64 (was 32)
tveeprom 1-0050: Encountered bad packet header [ff]. Corrupt or not a Hauppauge
eeprom.
ivtv0: Invalid EEPROM

My plan now is to remove and reseat the card (I was told to do this once before for an unrelated issue, something with the remote). I'll let you know what happens!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:51 am 
That first tveeprom line doesn't look good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:32 pm 
Removing and reinserting the PVR-150 solved this problem, as I expected. There are no messages from dmesg about corrupt eeprom any longer.