View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:20 am 
So I recently rebuilt my mythtv with knoppmyth R5.5. I was using R5F27 and it was working perfectly.

whenever I scan for channels during setup it will get a lock on all channels up to 16 (local channels) then from then on it does not get a lock on anything. I have tried all the frequecy tables and nothing really works. I can actually watch the channels up to 16 and everything else is just snow.

Is there anyway to put in channels manually? Is it something to do with encrypted channels or something?

I am using a pvr150 and mediacom cable. All channels worked fine with R5F27 and I have double checked with different cables, jacks, older distros and same thing happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 am 
If you have tried all the frequency tables with no luck, I seem to remember that the ivtv tuner= option could cause strange issues like this. It was needed for older mythtv versions and sometimes was propagated during an upgrade.

Did you set your tuner type at some point? If so, you should remove it. I can't remember for sure where it was.... maybe /etc/modules.conf or one of the files in /etc/modutils.

I also seem to remember that dmesg would have some ivtv warnings if you were using the tuner= option. You might check the ivtv related dmesg output for any warnings.