View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:31 pm 
Hey All,

Not sure if you've ever used them, but Rogue Amoeba's Airfoil is a fantastic solution for those of us that keep our music collections in iTunes on Windows - simply run the Airfoil exec on the desktop to intercept the audio, then run Airfoil Speakers on Linux to broadcast the sound.

See where I'm going? I can then use my LinHES box to play the sound from my windows itunes, then even optionally control my itunes with an iphone/ipod. It's like having a fancy schmancy home remote to play music in the living room, completed with selections and visuals.

The problem is, ever since knoppmyth switched distros to Arch Linux, something is going batty. I had all this working with the last knoppmyth release, but for some reason I now get Mono runtime errors when I try to run the speakers app. This was of course AFTER I had to get ALSA working under LinHES (I had to do....things...heh).

Sorry for asking here, but Rogue Amoeba's official position is that they won't even try to provide support for it since it appears to be a hastily recompiled .NET app. Anyone have a similar story?