View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:47 pm 
Just tried to grab some data from "imdb" in MythVideo and noticed some strange behavior. I was trying to update the metadata of some videos I have in my MythVideo directory. Normally, I have to go to imdb.com and locate the "tt" number for each episode and place that number in the "inetref" field of the videometadata table (via webmin) and then select search in the video manager and all the data drops into place. Well, that stopped happening as of a couple days ago. I would run through my procedure for episodic TV shows and hit search. Nothing appeared to happen. Upon closer inspection my "inetref" number was reset to all zeros!

I just ran mythfrontend in a window so I can see what was going on. Here's the call:

Code:
2009-08-19 12:16:05.876 Video Data Query: Executing '/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl -D 1248347'

Ok, so it seems tmdb.pl is being called. I surf over to http://themoviedb.org and search for my show ("30 Rock") and it does not return any "30 Rock" hits--just a bunch of bogus hits.

I check Service Menu > MythTV Configuration > Setup > Media Settings > Videos Settings > General Settings > Page 4 and I can verify that the script being called is supposed to be /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl. So why is tmdb.pl being called when I select search from the Video Manager? Is it now hard coded into MythTV?

I know why the mythtv-devs switched to tmdb (MythTV was violating imdb's Terms of Use policy), but why can't I decide what script I want to use? I'd happily use tmdb for content they have, but I'd still like to option to fallback to imdb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:11 pm 
FWIW, I found this for importing info about episodic TV shows. Looks like it is integrated into 0.22, so it should work once 0.22 is deemed stable and "released."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:51 pm 
Hey mihanson,

tmdb replaced imdb as imdb didn't want scrapers any more (not sure they ever did). In 0.21-fixes you could add tmdb.pl as I have in R5.5.

To ease the transition they created a soft link from imdb.pl to tmdb.pl so you wouldn't have to change anything. I'm guessing that is what happened in your case.

I use tmdb.pl for movies and Mythvideo-scanner from BigB (on this forum) for TV shows.

-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:47 pm 
christ wrote:
To ease the transition they created a soft link from imdb.pl to tmdb.pl so you wouldn't have to change anything. I'm guessing that is what happened in your case.

There is no link between the two
Code:
[mihanson@mythbox-mbe ~]$ ls -l /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/?mdb.pl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 20746 2009-07-26 16:13 /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11353 2009-07-26 16:13 /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl
and my Service Menu > MythTV Configuration > Setup > Media Settings > Videos Settings > General Settings > Page 4 clearly claims to run imdb.pl :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:38 pm 
Hi Christ,

Is the reason you don't use mythvideo-scanner for movies because it uses imdb as the source, or is the script bad at detecting your files?

Mythvideo-scanner is in a transitional state, heading towards modular scrapers, and adding tmdb and ttvdb support.

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:16 am 
bigB wrote:
Is the reason you don't use mythvideo-scanner for movies because it uses imdb as the source, or is the script bad at detecting your files?

Primarily because it uses imdb.

BigB, what are your thoughts about Jamu which is being released with 0.22? Is there an opportunity for synergy with your project? Your script is great at making order from chaos so would it make sense as a pre-parser to Jamu?

To be fair though, I haven't looked closely at Jamu. It is just what people are talking about having feed the more intense graphics available with 0.22.

C