View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:05 pm 
pacman -Syu isn't doing it and I have the testing repositories setup in my pacman.conf...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 pm 
So I think I figured it out, but I have another issue. I think the command I need to run is pacman -Sy mythtv-svn. However, when I run this it tells me that it needs to remove mythtv and when I say yes to that I get an error because there are dependencies to mythtv. Is there an override? Do I have to remove mythtv first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:49 pm 
Okay, nevermind, I found the necessary commands:
Code:
pacman -R mythappletrailers
pacman -R mythtv mythtv-extras
pacman -S mythtv-svn mythtv-extras-svn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:18 am 
See cesman's thread for upgrade instructions: http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... =mythtvsvn

Looks like 0.22 went final on Friday the 6th. From what I can tell, the mythtv-svn packages have been updated. http://linhes.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/LinHES- ... 0f4b9e8be4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 am 
Thanks for the suggestions. however, I have a big problem... Mythtvbackend won't start on my backend system and I'm getting the following error:
Code:
mythbackend: /usr/bin/mythbackend: error while loading shared libraries: libvdpau.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can't run vdpau on my backend only system. I don't have the proper video card... How do I get around this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:17 am 
kmkittre wrote:
I can't run vdpau on my backend only system. I don't have the proper video card... How do I get around this?

For now: http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20431
I hope that nharris will ultimately make two packages, one with vdpau and one without vdpau as we currently have for the 0.21 release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 am 
From reading that thread I don't see a solution... What am I missing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:27 am 
kmkittre wrote:
From reading that thread I don't see a solution... What am I missing?

I haven't tried it myself, but:

iscraigh wrote:
Okay not the recommended way (YMMV) I copied over the libvdpau libraries from a mythbuntu frontend and everything seems to be running fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:54 am 
Ah. That doesn't seem like a straight forward task, and I don't exactly see instructions... Are mythbuntu vdpau libraries less demanding than the LinHES ones?

I ended up doing a pacman -Sy nvidia nvidia-utils on my backend. Now my backend will start up, but the X-server cannot start... So that means I can't run mythtv-setup.

Also, on my frontend, when I press menu the shutdown and restart options are gone and I can't find the myth video configuration menu... this really seems to have put my system in a bad state...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:41 am 
Ah, that sucks. I can't answer your question about the drivers from mythbuntu. I just passed the info along to you. You might be able to use the xsession trick to get into the box, but you'll need a windows machine. I haven't done this in a few years and the guide was written for R5F27 as I recall. Did you backup your box before trying the svn packages? Just work backwards from my history to restore the package state on the box, then run mythrestore and you should be good to go on 0.21 as you were before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:20 am 
kmkittre wrote:
Ah. That doesn't seem like a straight forward task, and I don't exactly see instructions... Are mythbuntu vdpau libraries less demanding than the LinHES ones?

I ended up doing a pacman -Sy nvidia nvidia-utils on my backend. Now my backend will start up, but the X-server cannot start... So that means I can't run mythtv-setup.

Also, on my frontend, when I press menu the shutdown and restart options are gone and I can't find the myth video configuration menu... this really seems to have put my system in a bad state...

When you install nvidia like you did you will get the newer driver. If your video card is a "legacy" nvidia (like mine is a FX5200) the new driver no workie. The way I worked around this problem is to use the "vesa" driver in xorg.conf. The important thing to remember is that I do not use my backend to watch anything. The vesa driver is fine to run things like mythtv-setup or mythfrontend to do anything but watch video (perhaps SD video would be OK).

So try doing that - just edit xorg.conf and change the driver to "vesa" from "nvidia". Then X should start.

If you are referring to the "LinHES" configuration menu(s) missing it would be because they are not supported yet with 0.22. They are provided by MythVantage and need to be updated to the new MythUI. If other menu options are missing that would seem to be in a bad state as you say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:37 am 
I just used those libraries because I happened to have a mythbuntu with a nvidia card. You could try that library from any install, or maybe just make a dummy file with the name of that library and see what happens.

It has been flawless for me.

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:11 am 
okay, thanks for the information regarding the mythvantage menu.

However, I still seem to be missing the menu for managing my video collection. Am I just not seeing it?

Secondly, everytime I launch my frontend it tells me that it needs to upgrade my database for the Music schema from 1007 to 1017. I tell it to upgrade everytime, but it keeps popping up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:14 am 
I fixed the database upgrade error. I checked the frontend log and it was trying to create a table that already existed. I just dropped that table and the upgrade finally went through.

Still can't find my manage videos menu item, though. Do I need to modify the xml?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:34 am 
okay, so it looks like managing videos is done by pressing the menu button while in the videos section of MythTV...

Go to page 1, 2  Next