View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:20 pm 
I have put several HD video files on DVD+R discs for archiving. I used the UDF filesystem when writing on the disc so I could maximize the 4.7 gigs of available space (unlike ISO9660 which maxes out at 4 gigs). Problem is, I cannot get knoppmyth to recognize these discs under the optical disc or mythvideo option. I have searched around and tried a few different things to get the system to recognize these discs for playback, including the execution of the script shown on this webpage.

http://changelog.complete.org/archives/ ... les-to-dvd

But I have no success. Any ideas or information would be helpful. I am running R5F27.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:47 pm 
Never tackled that problem before... does Linux read the disc? If so it sounds like an issue of your software (mythtv and plugins). What version of mythtv does R5F27 use anyway? Perhaps this is addressed in the current version? Any particular reason you don't wanna upgrade to R6? I believe R5F27 is over 2 years old now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 pm 
Linux does recognize the disc, if I go to the desktop and open xine, It will recognize the disc.

As far as upgrading, I have spent so much time getting R5F27 just the way I want it. It is very stable, I often go 4-5 months with daily usage before a restart is needed. I have tried to do fresh installs of R6 a few times, but I have run into a few issues with hardware compatibility.