View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: PVR-350 Questions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:09 pm 
I just ordered a PVR-350 because from what I have read it sounds like it works pretty slick and comes with a remote control. I know this has a tv out which I can hook up to the TV. I assume playing other videos besides mpeg will "pass though" this TV out just fine? Also I have an athlon 1.4Ghz with 512 meg of ram, this should be plenty to run this machine right? Down the road I am looking to get a PVR-250 so I can do more than one thing at once. I just want to make sure that I will have enough horsepower to run knoppmyth well.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:30 pm 
Well the pvr350 isn't supported "out of the box" in knoppmyth R4, but I think there are a few walkthroughs on the forums here. as for doing more than one thing at one those specs should be fine. I have a pvr250, and a leadtek software tuner, and I can record two shows at the same time. and if I use rtjpeg I can also watch a recording at the same time. as you will be using the 350's hardware decode and both the cards will record in mpeg2 then you should have no problems recording two shows and watching a recorded show all at the same time.

By the way I have an athlon 1700+ in my machine which is basically a 1400 with sse.