View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: MythTV 0.12
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:13 pm 
Site Admin
Well MythTV 0.12 is out! Will it be included in R4? Dale and I spoke about this and it probably won't be. Once R4 is complete, we'll begin work on R5 which will be based on Knoppix 3.3 and Myth 0.12. Can you install 0.12 on R3? You should be able to, grab the source and follow instructions in the How To. We are currently working on finishing up the auto install, auto upgrade and PVR-X50 support in R4. We are trying to make it as easy as possible to install. In R4 we are laying the ground work for future version, R5 shouldn't take as long. Laying the ground work now will make it possible to have releases and or packages ready as soon as new releases of MythTV come out. Please be patient with the process.

Cecil

Post subject: XvMC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:09 pm 
Any chance of having XvMC enabled in the MythTV build used for R4 or R5? This should help improve playback quality quite a bit. Other than that, this looks great! I'm planning on changing to this distribution from RH/manual builds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:06 pm 
Not for R4. Depending on how much time(got a couple work related trips that will take me out of state and country) I have, R5 will include a default build for PentiumPro and I'll have packages build for i586 on up with various options already compiled in such as XvMC!

cesman

PS: If anyone would like to see KnoppMyth include something that it does, send me a request with why I should include it and a link. I will consider all reasonable requests.

Post subject: Default hostname....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:36 pm 
In future versions, is the default hostname going to continue to be 'localhost'? For remote frontend reasons, would it be more logical to have a default hostname of 'mythtv'? Why was the decision made to use 'localhost'?
For the record, I think KnoppMyth is great. I'm a great fan of both Knoppix and MythTV, and this distribution really does a great job of using Knoppix to make MythTV easy. Thanks for your hard work guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:11 pm 
In future version, it doesn't have to be. I used localhost because I've already configured everything in the database. If you opt for another host name you'll simply have to reconfigure everything, paths, etc. Dale has written a script that inserts the info in the db after install! Since MythTV's configuration is per host, localhost shouldn't have an effect on remote frontends.

cesman

Post subject: localhost and logrotate
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:33 pm 
I was under the impression that the hostname could not be localhost for remote frontends to work. Must have been the night I took up smoking crack... gotta stop that habbit.

I found a problem with logrotate.d. It only rolls some of the logs because /var/log/iptraf and /var/log/squid are missing. I simply created the directories, and everything ran fine. I have a feeling /etc/logrotate.d/iptraf and /etc/logrotate.d/squid are unnecessary. I haven't looked into it, though. The quick fix withouth breaking anything was to create the directories. The only reason I noticed was that /var/log/mysql.log was ~400MB. Why it's logging so many queries is another question I haven't looked into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:14 pm 
Thanks for in the info, I hadn't noticed! I'm build a test iso right now, so I'll make the change(remove them from /etc/logrotate.d/).

cesman