View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:40 pm 
I'm puzzeled.

I have to reset my brightness contrast and colour settings each time I reboot my machine.

Is there a way to save them so that I don't have to adjust them each time I am forced to reboot my machine ?

Netsurge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:10 pm 
well I guess there are two questions how and where are you setting them, and why are you rebooting your machine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:18 pm 
I'm currently setting them via keyboard commands (F key's), and i'm rebboting my machine because I am playing around with getting my volume settings to save as well (See another post http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ight=intel) that's how I came about to notice that the picture settings were also not being saved.

Ns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:41 pm 
hmm sounds like you have some problems with your install I use the F key to set mine and they stay through reboots no problem. My guess for that would be a permissions problem on a file somewhere, but I'm not sure where myth stores that info. maybe someone else will pipe in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:47 pm 
It just started to happen so I'm quite sure it's a permission problem. It worked for the longest time, it just now stopped, wierd, but, not much I can do untill I figure out where the problem is.

Ns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:38 am 
I'm curious, does this adjustment set the contrast/brightness for all channels globally, or just the one you're watching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:03 am 
It's global. Actually the settings are for xv playback. so they will affect anything played back with xv.

however they do not affect the menus or the little video previews as those do not use xv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:36 pm 
Netsurge wrote:
It just started to happen so I'm quite sure it's a permission problem. It worked for the longest time, it just now stopped, wierd, but, not much I can do untill I figure out where the problem is.

Ns

One way to check for permissions issues would be to switch to text mode [Ctrl][Alt][F1], log in as mythtv, then run the command:

ls -lahR|less

You will be provided a scrollable list of files in the /home/mythtv folder and sub folders. The only files that mythtv is not expected to own are in the src folders (r4_src/*) and even there some of the files will belong to mythtv.

If you find a file that is not a mythtv mythtv file, but is in your tree, you can change permissions by using the 'su' command to temporarily become root, then change directory to the folder that the file in question resides in, then

chown mythtv. <filename>

Use the command from earlier to confirm that the changes have been completed, then see if your attempts to set the various levels (sound and video) start working

hope this helps.

-Rusty

- 200 G Segate Baracuda /myth/tv
- 3 Haupauge! WinTV PVR250s
- 19" Daewoo Monitor (1280x1024 ni)