View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:44 am 
This was my first atempt at building a pvr.

Knoppmyth Build: R5A30.1

Mobo: MSI K7T Pro
Processor : Athlon 1000
Ram: 320 MB Mushkin
Capture Card: Hauppage PVR-150
Video Card: Asus GeForce MX4000
HD: 250 GB Maxtor DaimondMax
Sound Card: Sabrent SBT-SP6C

Most of the parts I had just collecting dust in my closet. The only things I bought were the capture card and the hard drive. So the whole cost was less than $200.

No problems installing or setting up. The only problem I have currently is that my cable company (Charter, I hate them) uses us-cable-irc. I've been trying to find info on how to configure the frequencys for it, but I haven't been able to find much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:29 pm 
Search for a post by me that mentions "frequency set". It'll be in a thread about something like "no sound on some channels". It includes a mysql command to make the appropriate fine tuning adjustments from vanilla "US-cable" to the equivalent of "us-cable-irc". In MythTV 0.19 we'll have a real us-cable-irc setting built into mythth-setup. :)

Actually I've got extra fish today so you're in luck, next time you'll have to catch your own. ;-) See the eighth message in this thread: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... quency+set

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:49 am 
thanks for the info. i found some other postings on adding the whole irc frequency set to mythtv, but it looks like it's a little beyond my understanding of linux yet. i'll give your method a try and see how it turns out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:56 pm 
Dead simple, ssh to the box, login as root, cut and paste those commands into the session. If you're using IE and putty to ssh in, do it line at a time to avoid problems with the funky characters MS-Windows likes to stick in between the lines on multi-line stuff like that (most VTs).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:25 pm 
well, i tried your settings and it didn't work, just ended up with black and static on most of the channels. oh, well, it was worth a shot. i guess i'm going to have to go through and fine tune each one. did i mention that i hate charter cable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:16 pm 
Site Admin
Can we NOT get into discussing other issues that isn't related to the hardware posted.