View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:24 pm 
(edit)
Auto update from 5A30.1 maintaining 99.99% of original setup (ogle for dvd, samba shares, channels, nvidia-settings, etc), I only had to start samba (http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... SambaHowTo).

Hardware is

ASUS A7V333 RAID (with both Raid and firewire controller disabled via jumpers and serial and parallel ports disabled from BIOS) with VIA KT-333. Tv card on pci slot 2 and SB on slot 3

Athlon XP 1900+ (downclocked from 1600 to 1200, only difference measured is startup time from 30 to 35 seconds)

Sound Blaster Live (this, in combination with my board was potential trouble).

Ram 512mb

Nvidia Geforce 4MX with tv-out (working immediately with no intervention)

Avermedia DVB-T 771 (didn't setup the remote)

Ati Remote Wonder (actually a Sapphire Remote Control BOB), taking basically all trouble of setting up the remote away as it just works without doing anything at all.

Verified usage: DVD watching, Mpeg 4 videos, Live tv with time shifting, recordings and network storage.

Probably the best release so far and a big step ahead! Thanks very much! An old pc working as a fully functional media center, DVB based PVR, and a network storage device for Windows pc... I still can't believe how well it works!

XVMC is on with bob deinterlacing

Typical cpu usage is below 20% with live tv or while watching xvid and recording at the same time.

ATHCOOL has also been working perfectly reducing cpu temperature by 12 degrees with apparently no side effects, apart for reduced fan speed...

Luca