View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:27 am 
Tried installing R5F27 on the following hardware just for fun. The suggested hw here on the forum is kind of dated and typically no longer available. I'm eventually going to use this machine for other purposes than KnoppMyth, but thought that a test would be interesting.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4
Proc: AMD Athlon64x2 6000+
Graphics: MSI NX8500GT

Installation:
1) Automatic install. Machine locked up when shutting down ejecting the CD.
2) Hard reboot got it to the point of INIT: respawning too fast, that is graphics driver incompatibility.
3) Changed /etc/X11/xorg.conf in the "Device" section: Driver="nv" to Driver="vesa". I waited until X started up automatically prompting for root password etc, that is phase two installation. This completed and the setup meny was displayed. Pretty much a complete installation, but since I didn't have any receivers in this machine I quit the installation here and followed the Wiki instructions to set up a front end instead: http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=FrontendOnlyInstall
4) Starting the frontend from a terminal window:
Code:
mythfrontend &

This let me configure language and connect to the backend. Unfortunately, the frontend starting at the next stage only displayed black. The edges of the Knoppmyth logo were visible behind it.

This is as far as I got before having to interrupt this test. I suggest using a simpler graphics card for your setup. Anyway, the mobo works fine, although the onboard sound was never tested.

Cheers,
/Chris

FE2: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H, AthlonX2 4850E 2.5 GHz, 1GB, ASUS GEFORCE 7200GS 256MB
FE3: Asus Eeebox410