View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:49 pm 
# Video type: HDTV
# Type of system: front-end
# Noise level: It cannot be heard while watching TV quietly. You can barely hear it when everything is idle.
# CASE: Mini-Box.com M350 plus extra a second HDD bracket and a Scythe SY124010L Mini-Kazi 40mm fan
# PSU: picoPSU 90 with 60 watt brick
# MOTHERBOARD: Zotac IONITX-B (Single Core Atom, No wifi, No built-in power supply)
# CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 230 @ 1.60GHz
# RAM: 2 GB DDR2 800 Corsair (1.9V)
# CPU HEATSINK: Stock
# NORTHBRIDGE HEATSINK: Stock
# CD/DVD-RW: none
# HDD: Imation Solid State: Model Number: IMATION-MAB25-032 Firmware Revision: J090310
# GRAPHICS CARD: nVidia Corporation ION VGA (rev b1)
# SOUNDCARD: nVidia Corporation MCP79 High Definition Audio (rev b1)
# TUNER CARD: n/a
# REMOTE CONTROL: Hauppague Grey w/irblaster.info serial port receiver.

This is basicly a clone of my other ionitx sytem, with minor differences. What makes this Tier 2 is the serial port IR receiver. Basicly, it does not work, but it is no fault of LinHES. It appears to be a Zotac issue as I found at least one other person with the same problem. For the time being I'm going to get another USB remote as a stop gap until Zotac fixes the problem as running a full ATX power supply is not an option for me.

[UPDATE] I tried the same serial port cable (let's call it cable 'A') in my IONTX-C-U board and it did not work either. However, a different serial cable (cable 'B') does work with the IONITX-C-U. I did not test cable 'B' on the IONITX-B-E, so I can't say if cable 'A' was bad or, maybe a better explaination, cable 'A' has a different pin layout than cable 'B'. Page 14 of the manual shows the Zotac pin layout. I just swapped remote control hardware on the IONITX-C-U and IONITX-B-E. The C-U now uses the serial IR receiver from irblaster.info and the B-E now uses the Streamzap and it's USB receiver. [/UPDATE]