View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:31 am 
Greg Frost wrote:
Are you using nvtv to enable your tv out on the Geforce 2MX? I also have a GeForce2 MX400 and my TV out is great (after quite a bit of tinkering).

I've used quite a lot of your posts and wiki articles, thanks a lot! ;-)
I use bob deinterlacing and it definately works fine.
Part of my problems come from not having managed to set up overscan correctly in NVTV (I have black space at the sides) but no predefinded NVTV set up seem to be fine for my tv. (Shouldn't I manage to solve it, I'll probably go for a larger than my tv overscan and use the Mythtv ofsett regulation to reduce the actual image; I've recently found a post in fhe forum about it).
But the problem I was referring to is that I have disturbs (a little bit of noise and a hint of moving "shadows", probably some electrical interference) in the tv-out signal which are probably due to the card itself and not its setup; a Dell notebook with a gf5200Go and same tv and cables has a very good signal and video quality.

... I'm checking e-bay if I can find a Gf4-Mx or a Gf5200 for a good price in my area...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:54 pm 
benotto wrote:
AFAIK, no way for Mediaportal; it needs BDA driver and the 771 is unlikely to get those.

I use knoppmyth with a 771 and a Geforce 2MX with an athlon Xp1900+ underclocked by 25% with no decompression trouble. (no HDTV in italy, for now)
OnlyTV-out quality could be better imho.

My two cents: ff you want to use windows, choose another card; the software is ugly and it doesn't support third party applications.

In Linux it works very fine, though.

Saw that the 771 was supported on latest build of Mediaportal, IIRC. But I'll probably use Knoppmyth anyway, so :)

Did you get the remote control to work? If so, would you mind giving some pointers? I'll get the card tomorrow and will do a clean install and configuration of KnoppMyth for it, so please make sure I'm doing everything right from the beginning :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:58 pm 
benotto wrote:
I've used quite a lot of your posts and wiki articles, thanks a lot! ;-)
I use bob deinterlacing and it definately works fine.

Part of my problems come from not having managed to set up overscan correctly in NVTV (I have black space at the sides) but no predefinded NVTV set up seem to be fine for my tv. (Shouldn't I manage to solve it, I'll probably go for a larger than my tv overscan and use the Mythtv ofsett regulation to reduce the actual image; I've recently found a post in fhe forum about it).

About the deinterlacing filter, how to enable it?

I did exactly as you suggested with the overscan. I didn't find one that fit as good as the NTSC "-Large#" setting, so I went for the 800x600 then configured the width/height and offset of MythTV itself.

My geforce2mx is an ASUS 7100 I think, and the S-video out pretty much sucks compared to ATI. The blacks aren't nearly black enough, they mostly resemble a dark brown :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:05 pm 
I put some info on the wiki http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... rScanHowto recently about using nvtv to adjust the overscans to non-default overscans and then patching the source code to add your new settings as one of the defaults. It is a bit involved and I havent been able to get the GUI going on R5A15.1, but it gives you the idea. Using the GUI offsets and size will result in a than perfect de-interlacing using bob, because the scanlines will no longer have a 1 for 1 correspondence with the GUI pixels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:24 am 
avocade wrote:
Saw that the 771 was supported on latest build of Mediaportal, IIRC. But I'll probably use Knoppmyth anyway, so :)

Did you get the remote control to work? If so, would you mind giving some pointers? I'll get the card tomorrow and will do a clean install and configuration of KnoppMyth for it, so please make sure I'm doing everything right from the beginning :)

As far as I know, no Mediaportal http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/insta ... d:dvbcards

And I haven't managed to configure the remote; I made a mess of my previous 5A12 and since I updated to 5A15.1 I didn't have time to try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:28 am 
Greg Frost wrote:

Ok. I'll try the patch. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:51 am 
Ok, got the card and did the fresh install and modprobe, so now I can watch TV with Xine at least (after I did a channels.conf file). But even after I've done the scan for channels in mythtv-setup, when I press Watch TV it just gets black.

Also, the program guide is blank (the channels are visible though) even though I did the mythfilldatabase command. Thought this would be a no-brainer nowadays with this card... :(

Or maybe it's me who's a "no-brainer"... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:56 pm 
benotto wrote:
Greg Frost wrote:

Ok. I'll try the patch. Thanks.

That's not exactly what I meant. The patch is optimised for my tv and graphics card combo for 800x576 and 768x576. It is unlikely to work optimally for your tv/card combo. I was pointing at the patch as an example of how to make a patch that is optimal for your setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:03 pm 
avocade wrote:
About the deinterlacing filter, how to enable it?
Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Playback
Then check the "De-interlace Playback" box and select the "Bob(2x Framerate)" algorithm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:12 am 
Greg Frost wrote:
That's not exactly what I meant. The patch is optimised for my tv and graphics card combo for 800x576 and 768x576. It is unlikely to work optimally for your tv/card combo. I was pointing at the patch as an example of how to make a patch that is optimal for your setup.

...I see...

But living in PAL land as you do, even if it's almost the other side of the world (if I understood correctly), and using basically the same video adapter, isn't there a chance it might work?

Otherwise, if I understood correctly, it seems like checking every parameter to find the correct setup is going to take ages!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:55 am 
By all means give it a go. I was just warning you that it would have to be some sort of coincidence if the settings that worked out for me also worked out perfectly for you. Fiddling with the nvtv settings is not that difficult if you can get the GUI part of nvtv to run (you do have the gui running right?). It gives you a nice list of horizontal and vertical overscan combinations that your card is capable of generating. You can sort the list by either horizontal or vertical overscan which makes it easy to find the value for each that is best for your tv and then you just have to find a valid combination that has horizontal and vertical overscans near your ideal values.

Go to page Previous  1, 2