512MB Memory (1 Dimm)
Gigabyte GA-7VAX F13 Mobo
ASUS AGP Video V9280/128MB Rev 1.00
aka - GeForce 4 Ti 4200
Onboard ac97 audio
ATA66 80GB HDD (WDC) on Primary IDE channel as master
Sony DVD RW on Secondary IDE channel as master
ATI all-in-wonder remote

Audio and SVideo running from the PVR350 "multi-cable" to the Amp and TV respectively. DVD audio doesn't work only because I haven't tried to make it work. I'm sure it will when I decide to use that feature.

Had to run the getpvr scriptto get the 350 output working. If you do the steps "exactly" as the getpvr tool tells you to, it works great! There's a 5 second delay between channel changing. I've seen this come up in other posts. I don't know what causes this, but if you adjust your viewing habits to review the channel description rather than surfing, it's a much more efficient way to go, even with the delay. Set this under Utilities/Setup > Setup > TV Settings > Playback

I tweaked the settings below - and I got this info from this post. It was a little tricky doing this on the TV as it was quite 'wopper-jawed', so you may want to do these setting changes while you can still use your pc's monitor. This, as opposed to running the getpvr script first and trying to do it all via TV output. But it is possible.

Code:
 "Utilities/Setup"/Setup/Appearance:
      width(px)   640
      height(px)  440
      X offset = 32
      Y offset = 23
      Uncheck "use GUI size for TV playback"

"Utilities/Seup"/TV Settings/Playback:

Deinterlace = off
      On Screen display Overscan X and Y set to 8.

I selected the Hauppage silver remote during install. After everything was setup, I shut the system down, plugged in my ATI usb remote 'dongle' and booted up. Everything worked automagically with the ATI and I didn't have to run the remote setup script again. So, my Hauppage remote is sitting in the drawer. I may install A30 and see if I can make the Hauppage remote work. I don't like the feel of the ATI but I'm suckin' it up for now.

This end result of everything working quite nicely was due to at least 15 reinstalls with different types of PVR cards and hours of practice, troubleshooting and research over a 4 week time frame. This, considering my very limited Linux/Unix experience, although not so limited now as a month ago; I consider this to be a HUGE success overall. Good product. Lots of fun. More fun getting it to work than using it unfortunately, and now I need to find something else to work on.[/code]