View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:44 pm 
I've seen the same thing and been keeping B up to date on results. Seems the problem shows have been major goofs on TVRage's behalf. Not sure what their problem is but they seem to have entire seasons wrong on some shows. I've found one show the entire 1st season is one show off so episode 2 is actually episode 1 and on and on. Another show they had everything fine until 2 weeks ago and suddenly they changed season 4 to be season 5, so now the new shows have no hits because season 4 is empty. Not a lot that can be done to fix that but he's talking about some blacklisting or possibly finding a way to do an imdb match or a match on the episode name or both.

At any rate the script is getting better all the time and many thanks to BigB for the effort!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:03 am 
Thank bigB for the fix, that got it working, I don't know what I did, but anyway it is working now.

I found the script had a little problem with a couple of my movies, I will send you a PM with the details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:33 pm 
bigB wrote:
Who would have thought the Directors name would have a quote in it!!! Easily fixed.

Me :-) I'm still surprised at how often my name causes consternation with computers. Note also that you need to allow for apostrophes in street addrs too, like "O'Farrell" street nearby in San Francisco. Same even with cities etc (just ask folks living in Hawaii) and yes, even email addrs (at one job I had mine was the full whack: paul_o'flynn@blah.com, try registering on wesbites using that email, what a mess).

Just got the script running, Ocean's 13 looks good, thx! :-)

Last edited by poflynn on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:40 pm 
I'm planning on making the next release just a clean up release. Take fixes thus far, add a "make install" method, and get the script to check for its module.

Popularity is growing, and the parsing requests/errors have slowed down.

Thanks everyone for using the script.

BigB.

PS. Mythvideo-cleaner is almost ready for release (with mythvideo-scanner), it will remove none-existent videos from the database, remove videos that you normally don't want (like 'proofs' and 'samples'), and clean up the covers directory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:13 am 
B would it take much to add a 'migrate' function to the cleaner script to archive seasons? I get the impression a lot of people dump their older videos but in my case once a full season is complete I like to move it into a Season # directory. It would require editing all the database entries to reflect the new subdirectory in the path which probably isn't hard for someone who understands the database.

of course the other option is just to move them manually and rescan them with mythvideo-scanner, which wouldn't be a big deal, but many times I'll locate the time mark in a certain show that gives the best screenshot and run screenshooter on them all to get the cover image and I'd have to hunt that down as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:11 pm 
What you are asking would be relatively easy to do. I could go two ways:

1. Get one of the scripts to detect if the files have moved and rejig the database accordingly. (assuming the filename doesn't change)

2. Create a new script for moving the videos. (could cater for renamed files)

I think I like the automatic nature of option 1 the most. What are your thoughts?

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:09 am 
I think the automated cleaner would be better. If you moved the files to a subdirectory, when the cleaner finds them missing, it could search for the file inside subdirectories of the original file location and if it finds them correct the path in the database. This would also help if you downloaded a video and decided it was in the wrong directory after it's been added to the database. Simply move the file and run the cleaner to correct the database.

You wouldn't want to search the whole myth video directory though because there might be identical names for videos in different directories, and only searching the subdirectories will speed up the search time in case of a large video directory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:01 pm 
First off I want to say thanks for a great script. I have the latest version but not the svn. While it finds every episode I search for on TVRage, provided the episode is on there, it is not grabbing the episode images or cover images. I have a non-standard images directory but the sql query in the script returns the proper value when I run it from the mysql shell:

mysql> SELECT data FROM settings WHERE value LIKE 'VideoArtworkDir' AND hostname = 'myth';
+---------------------+
| data |
+---------------------+
| /home/mark/.posters |
+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The episodes in question do have images both for the season (I am guessing this is the folder image) and for the episode. I don't know enough perl to troubleshoot much but I thought it might be the non-standard image directory or something simple.

Again thanks for a great script. Aside from the folder and episode images I have had no issues at all. I have even set it up in cron so I don't have to manually manage many of my videos anymore. I will keep trying to figure this out and if I manage, with my weak perl skills, to get it working I will post my fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:39 pm 
romeosidvicious
Are you using the --getposter switch?
and secondly do you restart mythfrontend after running the scanner? You have to for it to regenerate the image cache

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:30 pm 
Hi bigB,

I've been trying to get your script working this evening.

I followed the quick HOW-TO posted by UniCav that he kindly provided a month ago. I've also updated to the latest imdb.pl

I believe I've set it up right, however when I run it, I get this:
Code:
root@mythtv:/home/mythvideo-scanner# ./mythvideo-scanner.pl --update
Using settings for mythtv
Reading MythTV DB settings from: /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt
Starting search in '/myth/video:/myth2/video'
multiple paths not supported yet
Covers will be downloaded to: '/myth/video/.covers'
Seaching for these extensions: .avi .mpg .mpeg .mkv *.iso
Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/* <-- HERE .iso$/ at ./mythvideo-scanner.pl line 187.

Is this because I've got more than one video directory?
My discs are like this is
>Myth>video
>Myth2>video

Many thanks

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:47 pm 
That is correct,

Code:
Starting search in '/myth/video:/myth2/video'
multiple paths not supported yet

This patch adds support for multiple directories. Its on my todo list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:21 pm 
Actually it looked like his error had something to do with the *.iso search in a regex, not the multiple paths issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:23 pm 
Good pick up UniCav.

tophee you need to change the file extension '*.iso' to just 'iso'

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:42 am 
Thanks guys. Re the "*.iso" - I'll check that out this evening and report back.
As for multiple paths, I've downloaded the patch and try it out later.
Many thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 am 
the multiple paths alert is something I always see but it's never caused me any problems and I know B is working on it. If it won't run automatically because of your multiple disks then run it twice and give it the path /myth/video in one and /myth2/video in the other.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next