View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:14 pm 
nigelpearson wrote:
If you are not using the serial or parallel ports, you might be able to disable them in the BIOS.

Good suggestion. Also consider disabling your floppy controller, which appears to be consuming an IRQ, and some of your USB ports....

Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:20 pm 
One more thought -- have you made any changes to "lilo.conf" recently. Have you ever used the lilo.conf option "noapic" on the "append=" line?

On a previous motherboard I had I had random hangs until I added the "noapic" option...

Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:42 am 
Hi Ed,

Does it always fail on the same channels?

Are you still on Comcast?
I noticed Comcast changed 2 and 4 on me a few times in the last 6 months...I'm in Monroe, NJ.

I have to try and remember how to scan and get those channels backs!

I also, noticed over firewire I can only record broadcast channels too, used to be able to record most regular channels like FX, NatGeo, etc..

Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:07 am 
Hi ed3120 and others!

I don't know, if it makes too much sense to continue with this thread...

Anyway, I couldn't sleep last night, so I took the bull by the horns and started to look into similar problem. I also have two Technisat cards in my system:
Quote:
21: 43287 1 IO-APIC-fasteoi Technisat/B2C2 FlexCop II/IIb/III Digital TV PCI Driver
22: 509968 1 IO-APIC-fasteoi Technisat/B2C2 FlexCop II/IIb/III Digital TV PCI Driver

It wasn't until last week I noticed that there is a problem with the second card. I missed a couple of good movies because of that... I started messing around with mythtv-setup, because the system status stated that I have more, than two cards (!). I thouhgt it can't be right, and that this was causing confusion in the recording schedule.

So I went to remove and reinstall my cards in mythtv-setup. After some juggling with the setup, I finally understood this: the drivers now allowed simultaneous recordings with one card (I know other systems have had this long ago). The maximum # of simultaneous recordings was reflected with additional 'cards' in my system. So there really was nothing wrong with the card setup. Fair enouhgh.

But after reinstallation the other card got no signal at all... I was baffled. After some checking with the physical connections and measuring the actual signals in the cables, I finally found the problem. The signal does not get _through_ the card any more! Thus, the solution was simple: I made a signal split before the cards, and now the system works perfectly!

I am 90% sure that this came with the R5.5 upgrade and I guess it relates to newer drivers of this card -or is it more a KnoppMyth feature (didn't find it in the changelog)?

EDIT: Argh... I really don't have too much time reading all the stuff...:oops: Isaac @ mythtv.org stated in the March 8th 2008 announcement of the mythtv -site:
Quote:
support for multiple recordings on one DVB/ATSC multiplex

So this is a feature of MythTV 2.1. Still don't know, why the signal output of the card has been disabled.

Go to page Previous  1, 2