View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 am 
I've got the same problem as gatorback. I have an Intel Atom D945GCLF2 with a PVR-500 and just got done upgrading to R6 from 5.5. After troubleshooting for a while I tried a clean install, no upgrade. The system locks every time with the card installed once getting to the mythtv menu. Removing the card allows the system to boot, but when it's put back in, locks up again.

Post subject: New Hardware
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 am 
I bought a new motherboard in January 2010 and it is working with little trouble. See signature for configuration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:51 pm 
So how does one get around the unresponsive keyboard issue? I didn't really see any solid answer to it.
I currently have the web virtual keyboard enabled and use my Dell Axim for a remote which is neat but not practical. Normally I use an Adesso keyboard/touchpad combo. I really would like to get my system running with this card in full form. Thanks for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:02 pm 
This issue was not resolved on the orignal hardware. I resolved the problem by using Tier 1 hardware. Wish I had better solution, however, many tier 1 solutions are out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:39 pm 
Well looks like I will be moving to new hardware, I just can't live on 5.5 any more. Good to know that you did get the card working under R6 without hitches albeit on a new mobo. Thanks for your help and quick response!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:04 pm 
Scratch that. After reading more closely what mitmwp had to say I understood this only happened once per boot, my impression was that it was stuck like this once x started.

I tried "sudo kill $(pgrep xinit*)" from ssh on another machine and *POW* up and running like nothin' else. Absolutely functional and almost a non issue, how often do I restart this thing anyway.

However it would be slick to write a little script that would do this once per boot but I can't figure out how to make it happen after x loads and only once.

Go to page Previous  1, 2