View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:33 am 
Still getting those messages goes up and down from 90 to 93 and back again. I thought I recalled 3gb as being the default size when I installed, and either it is defaulted or I had bumped that field somehow, because my partition size of root using "df -h -T" shows:

Code:
/dev/disk/by-uuid/64e54f77-be87-4a9b-8ee3-96fb65a72f4c ext3      2.9G  2.6G  220M  93% /

I installed 7.4. Is this the same or different with all of your installations? Do you have a 3gb root partition?

Thanks
David J.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:40 am 
I don't think LH ever used 3 G before... post the output of:
Code:
du -hx -d 1 / 2>/dev/null

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:34 pm 
graysky wrote:
Code:

I just did an experimental install of 7.4 -- it defaulted to 3GB. I bumped it up to 10. Ran into a bunch of problems betting my HDhomerun PRIME configured, so I decided to stick with 7.2...

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 am 
graysky wrote:
Code:

Here it is:
Code:
4.0K    /mnt
7.5M    /tmp
90M     /data
0       /run
1.8G    /usr
4.0K    /service
124M    /lib
0       /sys
4.0K    /myth
8.6M    /etc
4.2M    /bin
36K     /home
348M    /var
0       /dev
16K     /lost+found
12K     /media
560K    /opt
5.8M    /root
23M     /boot
0       /proc
16K     /srv
16M     /sbin
2.4G    /

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:57 am 
Just in the interest of getting rid of that annoying message, although everything else is working perfectly, I'm contemplating a re-install of 7.4 so I can repartition. I see there are Linhes backup and restore items in the menu. If I do a repartition, none of my recordings will exist, so when I restore, will there be items in the recordings menu that point to files that don't exist? I'm thinking I can re-install, and restore the backup. My few shows that I've recorded so far will be gone, that's fine, but I'm trying to avoid entering in recording schedules and other preference settings again. If I have to so be it, but would like to avoid if possible. Thanks
David J.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 am 
There is no reason to reinstall to accomplish a re-partition. If you have enough space elsewhere, just copy the files to said space, repartition the drive, and copy them back. You will need a little help from the Arch Linux live CD and the following wiki article to get the boot loader back, and fix up your fstab manually. Alternatively, you can use a gparted livecd and resize from there but that is risky in my opinion. Make sure you have backed-up key data to another disk before you attempt.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Be ... rage_drive

Note DO NOT blindly follow the arch wiki link I posted. Use it AS A GUIDE for setting up your freshly partitioned box after you copy back the content to each respective partition, again to fix up the /etc/fstab, reinstall the boot loader (which I believe in LH is still GRUB1, no?) etc.

General Steps:
1) Boot to a live CD
2) Mount LH partitions and backup partition(s) manually
3) Use rsync to copy files from each partition to their target backup location, e.g. `rsync -avxP /LH/partition1/ /backup/partition1/`
4) Repartition the LH HDD
5) Use the reverse rysnc command to move files back, e.g. `rsync -avxP /backup/partition1/ /LH/partition1/`
6) Use the wiki link to allow you to chroot into the LH system and adjust key files such as /etc/fstab and reinstall your boot loader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:10 pm 
there is also the Gparted disc which is a basic linux live cd with gparted pre-installed. you could also dig up an old 20 gig drive to use as your boot drive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 pm 
Well in plugging in my rollerball to set this up, I somehow fried my usb ports. Backend MOBO usb dead. My 5 year old reliable abit anm2HD is toast. I must shop for a new one. I'm debating between trying to reuse my socket am2 and ddr800 memory or spend the money and go for a whole new setup, all that before my seahawks play this weekend. Alas not the subject of this post. It sometimes is just not meant to go too smoothly :? . Thanks for the tips on repartitioning though, I may use it in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 pm 
they make pci and pci-e usb cards for cheap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... ageSize=20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 am 
mattbatt wrote:
they make pci and pci-e usb cards for cheap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... ageSize=20

+1... just inspect the user reviews to verify Linux compatibility before your purchase.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:37 am 
Thanks, back up and running, everything smooth. I did a re-install, in time to record todays games. But now I'm noticing a lot of commercial detect errors, not 100%, but some. I did notice prior to this but was the least of my worries at that point. Parallel thread.

Go to page Previous  1, 2