View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 am 
Site Admin
I'm looking for some volunteers to test out automatic detection and setup of ceton infinitTV pci and usb tuners.
If you have a infinitTV and a spare harddrive to install R8 give the ceton_test iso a try.

http://bits.linhes.org/downloads/R8/R8- ... n_test.iso

After install and during first boot, it should detect, configure and add the tuners to mythtv but not configure a video source.
As of right now the detection assumes default values for the ceton card, meaning it DOES NOT have a static ip defined and that is DOES run a dhcp server.

Please verify that:
1) it found all the tuners
2) they were added to mythtv
3) ceton network device was configured correctly with dhcp
4) the tuner actually works and can record TV.
5) network proxy was setup correctly This can be tested by going to the master backend webpage -> system->list static dev nodes for tuners. Click on the links for each infinitv tuner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:10 pm 
The link in this post is dead.
I tested with the R8 download on 2 different PCs with the PCIe tuner. It hung on detecting tuners on both. I opened a terminal and did pacman -Syu and it seemed to update to 8.04. I rebooted and it still hangs detecting tuners. I added the file that it looks for to skip tuner detection and then manually added the tuners. All 4 tuners show a status of "error". Tuner sort of works in R7.4 but it randomly doesn't record shows. They have a yellow dot for the status and the recording files are 1kb. Sometimes it works fine. I have also been unable to add a second Ceton tuner card.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:06 pm 
Site Admin
For your cetons, did you change any of the network settings? The autodetection is setup to use the default network settings.
Also can you send the output of

autocard.py print

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:07 pm 
I went back to R7.4.
My Ceton is default.
I'll see if I can make time to try it again and get the info for you. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:41 pm 
I would like to help out. I have the hardware to do this now. But the link to the OP's iso is dead. Please advise.

s

Last edited by sparks on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:58 am 
I tried using the iso from Feb. I can not get past the 'Waiting for capture detection to complete'. First boot I did a 'pacman -Syu'. Second boot was more of the same. The Ceton card was not being assigned an IP address. I added the file ifctn.sh from /usr/LH/bin from my 7.4 and added the RUN+ parm to the udev rule to execute the ifctn.sh script. Next boot I found the card had an IP address but still can't get past the message.

autocard.py print just says 'Unable to obtain lock, exiting'. ipconfig shows the address is 192.168.200.2 (expected) and I am able to get the tuner status web page using chromium and pointing to 192.168.200.1 as expected (the default address).

EDIT: Reran autocard.py, this time using sudo. It printed out a list of my tuners and then went into the rest of the setup. Now I am watching TV.

s

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 pm 
I did a reinstall today and tried to replicate what I did to get a working system but for some reason cannot get past the card detection. When I run autocard.py I get 'list index out of range' in line 776. How do I get past this?

s