View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:12 am 
FYI, after having SSL errors with another add-on, I was able to update the python cryptography on my machine to the latest version which corrected that an allowed me to roll-back the changes I made to Pandoki.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 pm 
knappster, thanks for working on this. kodi is an important music addon for me, and i had also been hoping for an update to kodi.

all went as smoothly as any kodi update can go. i did have to figure out how to reenable the one music visualization i have installed

i had to install kodi-addon-pvr-mythtv-4.16.0-1-x86_64 before installing the kodi package. there was a conflict with a previously installed kodi-addon-pvr-mythtv-git when installing your pvr package. after resolving that issue, i was able to install your kodi package and then the python cryptography package

can you please clarify your last post? is the python cryptography package not needed?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 pm 
welner, I'm glad it helped. The python cryptography package was required by a couple of addons that I was using. I doubt it was due to the Kodi update, but I am not certain because I did not utilize Kodi 16 at all.

In the meantime, I am trying to compile Kodi 18 because I am really interested in the capability of streaming Netflix and Prime. I will provide an update if I make some progress.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:17 pm 
I've gotten a netflix video to play on Kodi in LinHES. However, it's been a lot of trial and error with building Kodi 18, which does not has not even gotten to a beta release. It is also on a virtual machine so I don't have much real world feedback on how it "looks". I am trying to create a PKGBUILD to produce a LinHES binary to get this to install on a live system, but in reality it could be a couple weeks before I have an opportunity to backup my live system and then try it out. When/if I get to the finish line I will try to put together a comprehensive guide on the configuration which worked in my case.

I'll try to keep you informed of my progress, but I'm afraid it will be trial and error and I will only have time for a little bit at a time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:11 pm 
I was able to get the Kodi alpha release built as well as the inputstream.adaptive and pvr.mythtv addon for version 18. I will try to backup my live system this weekend and give it a test drive. Once this is complete, I will create a new post for discussing the Kodi 18 alpha build as well as links for the installation files for anyone who is brave or foolish enough to try it out... Since it's only an alpha release I don't know if it should even make it to the LinHES testing repo.

Go to page Previous  1, 2