View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Mythtv 30 released
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:55 am 
Brfransen, is there anything that I can do to help build or test mythtv 30 on linhes? I am curious if it fixes anything with the vdpau lockups that some of us have experienced. I have been using kodi 18 launched from linhes/mythtv frontend for the last 9 months for tv playback because of the vdpau lockups and performance issues with opengl.

In the mythtv 30 release notes I see that they removed vdpau support for h.265 video, but I dont think that will impact me.

Post subject: Re: Mythtv 30 released
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:46 am 
I have started the PKGBUILD for it but haven't had a chance to build it. Looks like there may be a few new deps. I will post once it is built and pushed to the testing repos.

If I remember right only 1050 or better nvidia cards support x265 in VDPAU. There may have been some high end 9xx cards too but they seem like overkill for a myth box.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:53 pm 
Thanks for the heads up. It looks like the mythtv plugin for kodi already supports mythtv 30, too. So it will be good to have a comparison and a fallback if the vdpau issue is still present for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:15 pm 
yeah I accidently updated my MyhtFrontend on my Manjaro Laptop to 30. OOPS.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:44 am 
MythTV 30 is up in testing. I have only done limited testing in a VM. MythInstall is currently broken.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:51 pm 
Sorry, I offered to help try to test this and then went awol. I should be able to create a backup image of my system and upgrade to testing next weekend if you think it is in a testable state right now. I have a vested interest in 30 solving the vdpau issues because kodi 18 is allegedly the last version of kodi that will support vdpau.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:52 am 
It is working in a VM for me. Haven't put it on real hardware yet. Kodi 18 is also in testing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm 
I'm updating on my developmental VM backend only for now. Sorry for lack of information or typos, but I seem unable to copy paste to/from the VM and my machine.
I had to manually remove /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
otherwise ca-certificates-utils would not install (replacing ca-certificates-cacert)

I created the VM when I started trying to build kodi last year and intentionally tried to keep it from having any connectivity with my live system. Maybe some of these errors are to be expected in my case? I just thought it worth asking before going through the trouble of cloning and updating my live system.

These are the errors I spotted:
Quote:
msg_daemon.py: no process found
error: command failed to execute correctly

Quote:
File "/usr/LH/bin/mythwelcome-config.py", line 8, in <module>
mythdb = MythDB()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/database.py", line 1276 in __init__
raise MythDBError(MythError.DB_CREDENTIALS)
MythTV.exceptions.MythDBError: Could not find database login credentials

Quote:
rmmod: ERROR: Module ctn91xx is not currently loaded

Quote:
fail: /service/lighttpd: unable to change to service directory: file does not exist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:55 am 
The ca-certs is going to have to be part of the upgrade instructions. And using --force or deleting the conflict before downloading the new packages could lead to a non-functional pacman. See https://www.archlinux.org/news/ca-certi ... ervention/

I have seen the msg_daemon.py for years now on and off and can't really find why. But it isn't really critical.

mythwelcome-config.py seems that maybe you have a config.xml issue.

ctn91xx missing is normal.

lighttpd doesn't seem to be running. It should if it was setup as a MasterBackend system.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:50 pm 
brfransen,

I've performed the update on my live system. I didn't notice any similar errors, so it must have been the configuration of my VM test system. However, when installing kodi on my live system, I get an error related to .INSTALL in the /tmp folder. The file disappears so I am unable to view it, but the error references a '}'. If needed, I can install it again so that I can report better details. It still launched, but I could not get LIRC to work with it. So I've compiled 18.1RC1 with my PKGBUILD and I do not get any errors and LIRC works again.

I had to update a couple LIRC files related to this change:
http://www.linhes.org/issues/1033

My machine still does not wakeup on its own for whatever reason, so I had to redo my workaround for mythwelcome-set-alarm.sh again.

The last thing of note is that one time I started watching livetv and the backend segfaulted a few seconds later. I am hoping it was a one time thing. The backend restarted automatically and it error'd back out to the mythfrontend. The backend log contained:
Code:
2019-02-16T13:12:56.815649-06:00 mythbackend[1895]: C CoreContext signalhandling.cpp:305 (handleSignal) Received Segmentation fault: Code 1, PID 8, UID 0, Value 0x7f5893d3d55c

If it happens again, I suppose I will go to the mythtv forums as it may be a bug within mythtv 30.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:16 pm 
brfransen, according to the mythtv forums, the backend crash is related to a bug that has been fixed in a recent commit:
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3020

I haven't quite been able to figure out which commit that it was built with. Would it be much trouble to rebuild it with the latest commit?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:49 pm 
Sadly, this did not resolve the vdpau lockup issues. I just got another one:
Code:
2019-02-17T14:37:15.257575-06:00 mythfrontend[4504]: E Decoder mythplayer.cpp:3824 (DecoderGetFrame) Player(4): Decoder timed out waiting for free video buffers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:48 am 
It looks like they've added preliminary nvdec support in a commit, too. If it could be built with nvdec support then I would like to try that:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit ... d11effc5de

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:18 am 
I build everything in a clean chroot and since lirc wasn't a makedepends it wasn't installed so it didn't link against it. At least that is my guess of why lirc wasn't working. I have added lirc to the makedepends and am builing 18.1 now. I think the .INSTALL error is because the post_update function didn't have anything, so commenting that out.

I am building the latest fixes/30 which includes the guide grid related segfault fix. The nvdec change is not in the fixes/30 branch so this update won't pick that up. My understanding is that nvdec required a ffmpeg resync so we won't see that until 30.1.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 pm 
Cool. Thanks again for your efforts! Sorry if I provided a poor PKGBUILD as a template. I should revisit setting up a clean chroot...

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next