View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:01 pm 
Hi, everyone:

In troubleshooting issues with shares I was trying to mount through fstab, I discovered the following section:
Code:
#STARTSCRUB --------------anything in this block will be scrubbed
# I found several references to storage on another Mythbackend here...
#ENDSCRUB

There were references to storage on another Myth back end listed (six of them), which I think correlated to the following errors when I tried to mount:

Code:
$ sudo mount -a
mount.nfs: Connection refused

Well I'm glad the connection was refused, because this newly installed frontend was supposed to only connect to a different backend, and I don't want one MythTV system poking around other MythTV systems on my network unless I specifically set them up that way.

So, my question is:
What is #STARTSCRUB and #ENDSCRUB, and what is the system trying to do to paths referenced there?

I can't find any documentation anywhere, other than a few sample fstabs submitted in this forum for other issues, and in each example there is nothing between the two lines. That's the same thing I find in both of my master backend / frontend systems. Only the newly built front end system had entries there, and they were NOT from the backend this unit was supposed to be connecting to!

I suspect this is specific to LinHES, or maybe it's an Arch thing. None of my Ubuntu systems have such a section in their fstab files.

Thanks.

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:19 pm 
Ummm...

B-b-b-b- Bump?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:18 am 
i have also found those lines in the fstab interesting. however, i never really investigated.

i just assumed that it was there to support a temp mount for an installation or what-not.

over the weekend, i had need to stand up a generic archlinux vm. i did not see the SCRUB lines in the generic archlinux vm i obtained from osboxes.org

this morning, i added an entry on my myth box and verified that i was able to mount that entry.

i performed two reboots, and the entry between the SCRUB lines was not removed

i grepped around for the strings STARTSCRUB and fstab in the cron and startup script areas and found nothing. it does not appear that there is any code on the system to support the scrubbing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:14 pm 
If I remember right they are for NFS mounts to remote frontends. There is some code in /usr/MythVantage/bin/mv_fileshare.py