View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:50 pm 
12 hours. That's how long I've spent today trying to figure out why my pvr-350 displays everything about 15% to the left of where it should be. Tweaking XF86Config-4, playing with underscan and overscan, setting the tv playback to use gui size, and opening the frontend in a window all failed me. I thought I'd spare a few people the trouble in the future.

If you're having this problem, you've probably already dealt with the pink and green output using this line:

ivtvctl -j reg=0x6c,val=0x9a -d /dev/video16

The "9" in val is the key. You can tweak that number to move the video left or right. I set mine to "val=0xea". You can go as high as "0xfa". To cut and paste, here you go:

ivtvctl -j reg=0x6c,val=0xea -d /dev/video16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:55 am 
Are there other options where you can tweak all the size options - width, height, x, y? It would be great to locate the whole display rather than the gui size stuff...

In my setup, the under/overscan config only seemed to affect the prog guide, OSD etc., not either the main X display & TV display.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:20 pm 
jimmyfergus wrote:
Are there other options where you can tweak all the size options - width, height, x, y? It would be great to locate the whole display rather than the gui size stuff...

In my setup, the under/overscan config only seemed to affect the prog guide, OSD etc., not either the main X display & TV display.

On my box, I believe I used:

/usr/local/bin/nvidia-settings

[Edit: whoops, you all are using the PVR tv-out. I ended up giving up on that, due partly to never resolving the green/purple problem. Happy with the FX5200 s-video out now and for HDTV in the future.]

-brendan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:39 am 
I never had the pink/green problem that you guys are talking about. When I first started with MythTV I was using Jarrod Wilson's guide. When ever I went to the program guide from watching TV it was off center (shifted up and to the right). I asked many questions on several different forums and never got a straight answer. I switched to KnoppMyth and never had the problem. My 350's TV out just worked (with a little tweaking) and never had the problem where the program guide in live tv is shifted. BTW this with R5A30.2 and MythTV 0.18.

Just wanted to add my $0.02 to this discussion even though it's old.