Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:32 pm 
$ Version: KnoppMyth R5D1
# Video type: HDTV
# Type of system: combined front- and back-end
# Noise level: I can tell it's on until I play some media
# CASE: Antec 1650B
# PSU: included with case
# MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5LD2-VM/C Rev 2.0 w/ DualDDR2, Video, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, SATA II, PCI-E x16
# CPU: Intel Core™2 Duo Processor E6400 2.13GHz w/ 2MB Cache
# RAM: OCZ 2GB PC2-5400 Gold Gamer eXtreme XTC Edition Dual Channel DDR2 Kit (2x1GB)
# CPU HEATSINK: Intel
# NORTHBRIDGE HEATSINK: n/a
# CD/DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-110
# HDD: Western Digital 250GB Caviar 7200rpm IDE ATA100 8MB Cache
# GRAPHICS CARD: MSI NX7600GT Diamond Plus 256MB PCI-E w/ VIVO, HDMI
# SOUNDCARD: Built-on - Realtek ALC 882, 8-ch High-Definition Audio CODEC
# TUNER CARD: PVR-500 (old one) but I do have a working Samsung version in a different box
# REMOTE CONTROL: MCEUSB2
# Projector: Optoma HD72 HD Home Theatre DLP Projector
Defaulted to 1080P 60Hz

Okay now that the hardware description is out of the way let’s get down to why I built this system, it can be summed up in to one word HDMI, I wanted a system that displayed the best graphics and with Nvidia’s advance in to HDMI out built on to their video card this seemed to be a reality, so I spend a good week researching HDMI projectors and the Nvidia card to see if anyone has tried it, I was unable to find anything, so I went to my local computer store (with a 7 day return policy) and bought the hardware you see above. I made sure the motherboard was not Intel ich8 cause I know the support is bad at the moment in Linux.
I put all the hardware together aimed the projector at the wall and powered it on, first the CD loads so I’m passed part one, the HDMI connection to the projector is working, than press enter a crap load of times, setup my PVR-500 card and EVERYTHING worked, the remote needed miner key alterations so it would work the way I prefer but it worked, the projector was displaying quality id never seen before . I currently have a BenQ entry level projector on a myth box so I set them side by side and the color/quality difference was amazing.

Next steps in my project:
Messing with the resolutions 720p etc before a build a screen for it
I’ve only tried 2.0 sound, SPDIF 5.1 or 7.1 sound system is next
HD Tuner and set top box from my cable co (They think it’s fun to encrypt everything)

Extra Info:
Build your own projector screen for around $100.00 http://members.shaw.ca/danhanson/Theate ... roject.htm

EDITED:
I hope this doesn’t affect the Tier1 status of the recommendation but at the time I was just happy it worked in 4:3.

For Widescreen 16:9 to work I made the following changes to XF86Config-4, Changed and added the following, and # commented out all other modelines, and finally selected a wide screen appearance in mythfrontend.

Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Optoma"
ModelName "HD72"
HorizSync 15.0 - 75.0
VertRefresh 43.0 - 85.0
DisplaySize 240 135
Modeline "1280x720@60" 73.78 1280 1312 1592 1624 720 735 742 757
Modeline "1280x720@72" 92.39 1280 1312 1656 1688 720 734 743 757

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:00 am 
hi.
realize its an old post but im searching for a mobo that has s/pdif that is supported by knoppmyth - preferably out of the box since im not a linux hacker.

so my question: Do yoyu have digital audio output working? difficutl to achieve?