View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:50 am 
Just a fyi, if you have V5A26, stay away from commercial cut. I tried this twice to make sure it wasnt a fluke. I have a PVR-250.

After running commercial cut 0.6 on a show, it still wasnt finshed after 4 hours later (with no cpu/hdd activity)...it took a much shorter time than 4hours in A16. I ended the process. Upon trying to watch tv afterwards, all I got was a black screen. Rebooting my mythbox led to errors in the boot process, I cant read the errors on my tv and I was pissed so I just reloaded it.

(If it helps, some part of the gui came up, if you click "ok" on the error that pops up, it takes you to a login screen. SSH and samba works, but mythweb doesnt even tho apache appears to be running)

Post subject: Questionable...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:52 pm 
Hi watermark,

Amazing! Commercial flagging is a crucial item to increase pleasure of watching TV I think. How can a script/program/binary that compares picture-to-picture and writing results to a MySQL table ever compromise features of the operating system and boot proces? Disk space? Any thoughts? What a statement...

Courious about experience of other users!

Regards

Fiete

PS its R5A26 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:18 pm 
I really dont know how or why, but to fix what ever it did, I ran mythbackup and did an auto upgrade. May have corrupted the database when I was forced to end the process? Sounds like a good reason mythweb wasnt working right too.

And it sounds like you are talking about commercial flagging...Im talking about the commercial cutting prog that you can add via the wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:06 pm 
I have been following the mythtv-dev list and in the near future, lossless mpeg2 cutting will be part of mythtranscode (its already in svn if you run mythtranscode on the command line, and will be added for the selection from the mythtv interface soon).

Also, mythburn uses project x to honor the cut list when burning to DVD, so it's probably a good idea to stay away from commercial_cut for a while (until it is no longer necessary).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:34 am 
Worth pointing out that lossless commercial cutting with Mythtranscode is still work in progress in SVN. The author is extremely responsive, and fixed a couplr of issues I flagged, but there are still problems of sync if the original file is "damaged".